Friday, January 10, 2014

Historical Secrets

It did not take much to establish who his real family was, they actually had set out to find me.  He was believed to have been dead by then, so they were looking for me.  His mother had died and her estate needed settled.  My response was one of overjoy at having found them!  And, since they had loved and cared for their parents, anything of value was theirs.  I only wanted copies of photographs and to learn to know them.

And across the years we have a fairly close relationship.  I am happy.

But, in my readings this week, I suddenly found myself choking on what I was finding!  It was a British book I had picked up, just never read.  It was a hard week, I needed rest and a book would be good - especially one that deals in conspiracy, government cover-ups and of course space aliens!  What more could one ask for relaxation.

I expected humorous readings, something so easy to laugh off that Dutchman and Swede would be jumping up and down to read it next!

Instead, I found my father.

Oh make no mistake, he is whom I found him out to be, there is just a problem with his story - I had assumed a piece of information as to the project he had worked on.  Yeah, I had the designations right, I just did not know there were three V-3 projects.  Father had a great love for rockets, so I had assumed that must have been the V-3 he was on, and he did have extraordinary knowledge of that project.

However, he also had knowledge of another V-3 project, one which probably outside of this British book has not been documented well.

And as the story reads on, places come up which father had a strong knowledge of and I have to admit I wondered at how since I knew he was the Swiss guy and his WWII stations were in the north not central areas.  Then the list of names started ticking off of my sister and I's list - I knew almost all of them.  Some were decades old family friends even! 

And I was given reason to now pause.

No wonder my simple questions had caused an NSA uproar, father beyond having been a Paperclip Scientist and US citizen, was involved in some German programs so secret that there is virtually nothing known about their programs even to this day.  The paperwork disappeared, the physical items built can not be found, we are talking Black Box here.  Shut, silent, sealed.

Then I finished the book.  I realized that the man was not a crackpot!  His story all too possible and true - he named names, backed up with copies of records from the Russians: dates, places, even the question of what was going on in America was stressed.  He nibbled the edges, my father had lived it.

I was stunned.  Were my father still alive I would be in Denver right now kicking his butt until I got some truth out of him.  Yeah, I know understand what the Germans had been up to, I understand why they had needed my father's brain so badly, I can even understand how a youth could have been lured into the field of theoretically research on time, gravity and the folding of both of them.  But, like me the author also hit a brick wall at the US shores, all stories dead ended once the US military becomes involved.  Almost all of my father's friends are now dead, the projects' knowledge lost in so far as availability is concerned, end of story.

And I sit here and remember those early years of mine, father's long absences, his letters from locations now I know associated with the US pursuit of what the German's had failed to succeed at.  Then I looked at my work career and I realize now how silently I had been moved around to work on projects far advanced from what father had worked on - yet we shared the same goal in our work, in fact the same project!  And now I realize at how the bean counters in charge of the black box have failed - they observed the trick of physic we used, but still do not understand that this is a side effect - there is much more involved then they allow for in science.

I knew at the time this was a side effect, but none of us understood - of what?

I am stunned.  The potential of what we did could change aerodynamics for real, not as a magic trick because of the side effect we utilized buy on a larger scale - the creation of energy for transportation.  How we failed to even understand what we were doing amazes me ...

No comments: