Thursday, September 29, 2011

Vibrations

Sometimes I just like to watch those around me during a sermon.  It can be VERY entertaining.

Take this past Sunday for instance.  In front of me sat a guy maybe in his 30's and next to him, a bit of a looker and a bit over done up.  So, I was intrigued.....

Was he a boyfriend or husband?  From the rear, no way to tell.  Skin coloration was not the same, ears either, nor hair.  He was dressed casually, she to the nines.  Could he be significant other?  No, sitting too far apart.  And so went the mental games through the singing - which annoys me greatly!

Sermon starts.  She starts wiggling her foot, eventually her entire leg.  Back and forth, back and forth.  The pew is starting to creak in front of me.  Could she really bust through this thing?  Pastor is talking about death and his reactions to his parents deaths this year.  Vibrations are now going through the floor!

Then he switches subjects, on to adultery.   Vibrating girl in front of me has frozen to the pew.  Not a breath, not a twitch, not a movement the entire time he is on the subject.  As he continues on to another subject, she is back to slowly wiggling her foot, her color is returning to normal from the ghastly white she had become.....

And now I knew.  She was sitting next to her father and she has a little problem the pastor hit upon.....

Oh yeah she has been in my prayers.  Obviously, she feels convicted over her behavior - enough so I would betcha that she is not going to be in church next week.....

1 comment:

Granny Lee said...

Body language is indeed an interesting and telling thing to behold. lol