Monday, September 26, 2011

Travelling Crud and Thoughts

Well, one thing seems to remain a constant in my life - Kris just does not travel well.  I don't know why it is that every time I travel - I get sick.  No not head colds or infections; think gastrointestinal distress.  So, tummy has not managed to settle down yet.  And, a growing boy does need his nourishment, eventually!  On the other hand, I just might lose those 80 pounds I had on my to do list for this year!

Picked up some Barry's Fine Irish Tea last week and it is a strong brew - that is for sure!  Very satisfying and I am enjoying the first cup of the day as i type this.

I have to admit I have had little peace since my father died.  I had spent so many decades praying that his heart would be softened just enough to at least listen to the truth of the Gospel.  That was actually one of my reasons for get my education at nights in Apologetics, to be able to show him truth and be able to counter long dead German philosopher's opinions.  It crushes my spirit to think he willing and knowing preferred the thought of no eternity, versus a reality of a God and Creator.  Sigh, a brilliant man and yet dumber than a stump when it came to seeing outside of himself.....

But, writing about my father has been helpful to me, I guess in starting the process of letting go and accepting the reality that some will not listen, nor see, nor seek, nor even notice that maybe there had been a tremendous change from whom I was - to whom I became, when I came to being a Christian.  To the end, I was still the troubled teenager to him.

I have also been rather amazed that people have been reading it!  Seems Indians, Russians, Ukranians, Poles and yes even Germans have an interest in the tale.  Who would have thought!  One of the readers even commented, via email, that perhaps it ought to be the basis of a book.  Yeah, but then the amount of work that would take would be horrific!  And really, there are not enough explosions or car chases in his life story to make a money grossing films these days.  Reality is oft times quieter and far more deadly than fiction.....

Well, time to go and think up what will be the next installment in my father's story.

No comments: