Friday, September 2, 2011

Rewards of Taking A Walk

So, plans have sort of changed for me.  I had planned a cycling adventure on Vancouver Island in Canada, but that sort of got messed up.  I was trying out some new lighter pedals on my bike and managed to roll my right ankle right off the pedal and into the realm of pain.  Lots of hot soaks and ice packs for the poor dog, as Dutchman calls it.

Wanting to see how I could do with walking short distances - after all I need to do something now that I will be in Canada and cycleless!  I walked down to the corner, about 100 yards turned around and suddenly my nose was assaulted by the earthy-rich smell of truffles!  Yes, somewhere around me there were truffles to be found!  And find them, I did indeed!



So now I have about 8 ounces of luscious white truffles awaiting tonight's dinner.  Whatever shall I make?!?!?  I am thinking Italian here.....

Oh, yeah side tracked myself I am so excited!

Back to the trip!  So, I will not be posting for the next week and a half - unless I find some free wireless as I am touristing about.  I will be easy to find - just look for the really big guy on crutches with ice packs hanging out his pockets.....

Of course, if I manage to find myself in need of more prayer than usual (and I really do hope you remember this klutz daily in your prayers!), I will have the kids posting something on here.  Sigh, I really do hate being a klutz, it is a daily assault on my body.

No comments: