Sunday, September 4, 2011

Musical Saturday Morning

I am posting this a little late as I was in transit to Canada, when I would have usually posted.  Sooooooo:

This month's selection is OMD.  Probably best known for their, If You Leave, you might recognize this song from that horrible movie - Pretty in Pink, bleeeeech!  And yes I know a ton of people whom loved that movie and even more whom loved that song.  But, honestly, that was not their best song by far!


So, what is OMD's best to my mind?  Well, you will shortly find out but first let me qualify this with the keyboard is wholly inappropriate to the song - downright irratating!, the drummer wants to be the poster child for rotator cuff damage and the music has nothing to do with words about a love gone bad, now sad - too bad put your big boy panties on dude!  I have no clue what is wrong with this band - this is true of almost all of their library.  The lead singer I have seen a few times through the years, always a different look - makes wonder if he is still trying to either fit in or define himself.  Always best to just be yourself!

But, I like this song the best and really want to drive the Dihatsu they used for the filming......


No comments: