Monday, March 28, 2011

Strengthening

As I sat last week reading through all of my material people had saved for me, I was struck by the encouragement it has offered me!  Yeah, some of those times were terribly hard physically, mentally and spiritually, but to see and know how those situations all contributed to bring me where I am today was encouraging.  I can SEE God working quietly in my life still....

One has the tendency to forget just how active God is, unless you have something like a blog or spiritual diary to journal on.

And that is what I want to encourage each of my readers to do: start a spiritual journal!  Put in there how you came to salvation - what was the trigger that pushed you over into God's camp?  Write what you pray about and how those prayers are answered - or what you learned afterwards.  Think on scriptures which have played an important role in your life.  There are lots of possibilities you can write about!

You journal can be left for your children to learn from, reread by you to remember by, gleaned for juicy bits for studies/fellowships/testimonies/etc!

Yeah, this past week was immensely uplifting and strengthening for me, maybe the same activities will be so for you.....

No comments: