Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lunar Cycles

No one likes getting caught in a lie and my son is no exception.

If we are born into a sin which we will struggle against in our lifetime, being a liar is his and honestly he is not struggling too hard on that one.  Nor, is he a very good liar.

So, every time he lies to me, I have to weigh the importance of the situation - otherwise both of our lives would be a living nightmare - if I held him accountable 100% of the time!  And, last night was another opportunity.  I may have chosen poorly.

It was not even a good lie.  He had not done what I had asked him to do on Friday, I already knew this, but he went for the "Yes, I did it." and then proceeded to compound the lie by arguing that I was wrong.  Gees!

Today, I do not even want to talk with him, but I am going to have to and I have no idea what I am going to say.  This is now affecting his "life" and I am having a really hard time coming up with options for him anymore.  He really is the least responsible youth I have ever encountered!

And I note that I was not only one experiencing difficulties last evening with youth.  It seems Dutchman's frustrations are building with his son again as well.

I wonder if there was a full moon last night........

No comments: