Thursday, November 7, 2013

Four Years Old

My grandson is four years old and he just loves to talk to grandpa  Unfortunately, I am clueless as to what he is talking about most of the time!

Last week he was telling me about Obla Wobey, someone his father knew.  Well, they live in housing project so it could be some middle eastern name?  Then he tells me that Obla Wobey has four small ships and fights too much.  So now I am struggling with the idea that if this guy has four boats he probably does not qualify for the project.  So I try to ferret out about the boats and what they are used for, but he just gets frustrated that I can not call them small ships.

Well, another tact perhaps? Is he a wrestler?  No, fighter.  Is he on TV, yes.  Well what does he do?  He fights with his friends.  Well, why would he fight with his friends?  Do they not get along?  No, they are all fighting together against the bad man.  Okay, movie!

Now, which movie?  So guessing my way across a 15 mile drive to my grand-daughter's school to pick her up and I discover we are talking about Obi Wan Kenobi from Star Wars!  So small ships were light sabers!  I laughed and laughed and laughed!

Then yesterday the power company was replacing the old aluminum power wires to the house (I have no idea why they used aluminum in the first place!), so power was out for six hours.  Which lead to one of most hysterical conversations ever!

Somehow, he equated the power being turned back on with people with big butts dying.  First, it was the dog was going to die, then his aunt was going to fry, then it was me!  I almost had to park I was crying so hard from laughing! And as with any four year old he was deadpan serious and could not understand what was so funny - and couldn't I just lose my big butt?

Oh gees, I am tearing up I am laughing so hard!

No comments: