Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Dark and Stormy Day

Saturday was incredible! 

It began at two in the morning with me ravaged by some form of intestinal distress - for hours!  By morning, I was wasted and no energy for anything other than just visiting with my friend, whom had to cancel for perhaps a more communicable bug.

So left on my own, I headed to the Frye Museum for their new exhibits they had just put up.  I made it as far as South Seattle before all of the power was out to the area - yeah, a power line broke in the high winds and I got to see it bouncing around arcing like a bad horror movie! And so ended my great Seattle trip!

Back home - three hours later! - I was exhausted and exasperated with Seattle scum whom drive the streets and do not understand the concept of one car at a time at uncontrolled intersections.  GEES!  And ten hours listened to the high winds, sustaining at 50 miles per hour with gusts to 65! 

Lights flickering, numerous power outages, I spent the time figuring out if i had to take a shot in such winds what would my hold over be at 100 yards!  It was fun and kept me occupied on the laptop.  Oh yeah, 50 mph wind at 100 yards - grab a knife, you have a better chance...

Then at 1:30, the middle of the night, I am jolted out of my bed by the sounds of hubcaps being pulled off of cars.  I look outside, see three guys playing with Swedish Rocket Scientist's car, grab a flashlight and a gun and I am out the door.  And just as quickly, they are out of their.

I had to laugh at the eye full they got: Swiss boy in his jeans, big gun, bright light and their car roared away.  :)

Best part was my observing how was I going to handle this?  I mean with emotion, was I going to come apart, experience real fear?  Happily, I only experienced the knowledge that I knew what to do with what I had and there was no concern for me.  So, some vestige of old Kris still lives, but that is one of the few resurrections in almost a year now.  :)

So, quite a day, many experiences and I learned something more about myself...

No comments: