Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday

Actually, Wednesday turned out to be an interesting day.  After horrible Monday and Tuesday nights (I was sick), I got up Wednesday in a very morose and introspective mood.  Never good when it is me that is being introspective!  The Mr. Hyde in me, though long dead, still condemns me when my guard is down or I am at my weakest!

So, having finished yesterday's post, I went out to Timothy's car and just as I was to get in - up drives Oldest Daughter!  As she has been without phone service for the past two months I rarely get to see or hear from her (her husband's paychecks are being garnished due to a medical billing snaffoo - long story).  She was in the area and wanted to say howdy, so we went to Costco, out to lunch, and I got to play with the grandkids, etc.  Really lifted my spirits!  Well, at least until nap time came due.....

This is something I have noticed across time - when I am really in the dumps or desperately in need, she 'magically appears' just then.  I am sure it is a God thing, it just happens far too often for any other explanation.  I am always touched when this happens as I know it is of God and more so since I never forget she is the daughter I had the worse problems and relationship with!

So of course my spirit was lifted but I also got to see Middle Daughter and newest grandchild too!  Of course, it was a typical MD event, "Hi", "Bye."  Yeah, she bombs by on occasion but rarely sticks around for more than 10 minutes.  She is a might frustrating in that regard.  And, I am no longer sure what is up with her husband.....

The humorous part of the day was having the waitress at lunch 'hit' on me.  It so rarely happens one must relish the moment!  And the humor is increased all the more since I had OD with me and she is steaming over the, "She must be young enough to be your grandchild!".  And probably six years older than OD!  Very funny.  And what 56 year old man would not like to be mistaken for someone in their early thirties by a twenty something?  Makes you feel frisky enough to jump up and click your heels - which dare not due as I would probably break something on landing.

So, here is to Thursday, may it be a better day!

No comments: