Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Fourth Stooge

I realize that in reality there were six members of the "Three Stooges", but going with the theme of there being three at any given time - I am the fourth.


I loved the Three Stooges as a child.  Unless you were foreign educated, like me, you would not know that the Three Stooges are used quite a bit overseas in teaching English!  Didn't know that did you?

Quite a long time ago, I managed to get a year long gig with Safeco redeveloping how their IT department does business.  A very unique place......  About a block away I found a little bagel shop and everyday I would walk over for a bagel and tea - getting to know the owner well.  Now she had all of these Three Stooges posters all over the wall and in fact cut her hair to match Moe's.  Hmmmm?

So, one day I am the only one in there and I ask her about it and learned that she was Moe's grand-daughter!  Given my love of Stooges, we became great friends, at least until Moe's estate was finally settled and she disappeared faster than one of my daughter's with a twenty in her pocket!  Never have found her since and I still count the loss of her friendship as a real loss.

So, why am I the Fourth Stooge? Because Tuesday I managed to lock myself out of the house, so I had to break in.  No real problem in that, I openned up the bath window, put a small ladder under the sill so no damage would come to Kris and viola I am in!

Well, that was the plan anyway.

Seems the window had to slam down just as I was sticking my head in and in guillotine fashion I was rendered unconscious - hanging from  my head that is.....  The first thought through my brain, once I had come to, was how like the Three Stooges this situation was.

Net result, loss of vision for several hours, a massive bump across the bean and a headache from hell for days now.  Luckily, no signs of internal bleeding or concussion.  Must have gotten the Premium Quality German hard head!

So currently can't walk far, can't use left hand and thinking is even painful!

Sigh, long live the King of Klutz......

No comments: