Monday, July 25, 2011

Lies, Lies, Lies, Yeah!

I have always considered this song by the Thompson Twins to be just about the worse they ever did, well next to I'm A Policeman.  Utter rubbish.  And yet, the song Lies popped right into my head this morning.....

Well, you have to understand that last week was teen drama central at my house.  There were visits from all of the girls son has been in and out of relationships with during the past year.  Yeah, toying with them it appears (my son a player?).  And the one amazing thing was that not only were their tales all lies, so were my son's!  Now try to figure that one out!  No one telling the truth? And yet, everyone so upset they had to come and waste my dozens of hours of my time!

Yeah, I know that the gift of discernment is all but dead, but these kids know me and my nose for ferreting out the truth.  And yet .....

So, today before even most people on the East Coast were up, son had already told me his last lie.  He doesn't know it but tomorrow he is off work and he is going to be either enlisting in the military or moving out.  Don't care which any more (and that really says something given my pacifistic belief set!).  I am sure he will over react and may even injure or do worse to me.  But, it is over.

The main point is that he has told me his last lie.  With me you either tell the truth or you go somewhere else and afflict someone else with your morals.

No comments: