Sunday, July 17, 2011

Surfing The Web

Surfing the web can be very interesting.  You get to see life through the eyes of people all over the world and discover they are just like you - maybe even more interesting.  You get to see sites, sometimes even sounds, to add to the rich scenery available via the internet.  I love learning and so I surf.

Sometimes I have stumbled across the sites of people in my church at the time, sometimes those visits can make you view your church-mates with a whole other perspective!  I have even met people years later whose photos I saw in some blog!  That is usually humorous as I never forget a face - places and names I am a little more shaky on!

Sometimes I have stumbled over the blogs of kids in my youth groups - usually to my shock - as in general kids these days are not what they appear.  Even the nicest of them uses language a sailor would blush over!  Three of mine included in that regard.

And last night I stumbled across the blog of my youngest daughter.  Mind you she is blonde in the classic sense of being clueless, very studious and a dreamer much like me.  But her postings left me quite in thought.

She never says much about her past life in Russia.  She was very young when her mother died and she was given to the orphanage.  I have often wondered what she remembers or feels about that time in her life....

And here were her words, revealing her soulful sense of loss of her mother, the loss she suffered when her sister went crazy and stormed out of our house six years ago.  How she longs for a real friend - a real soul mate.

In one regard it leaves me feeling frustrated.  I am not a woman, I can not really play that role in her life.  And I wished I could fulfill her heart's longings - but that is not my role.  I am just the dad.

Sigh.....

No comments: