Monday, July 18, 2011

A Friend In Need .....

Yesterday I was discussing with some friends that I just do not understand this lull in my life.  I have never had this much time on my hands and at the same time, so many demands upon my time and counsel.  Make NO mistake I am not a counselor, I am a guy with a 40 year background in computer operating systems - I fix things and interpersonal skills were never much of a valuable trait.  And yet, this seems to be what I am to use constantly with kids in my life, people in my church, family, friends almost without end!  Not complaining, just observing.

Then came tonight when I returned home to find a message on my recorder, a call for help from the wife of my first friend in America.  I should also say he was one of my extremely few friends all of the way through high school!  Both of them are very gentle people, Christians, raised three girls and by our societies standards are failures.  But then I look at the successful raising of their girls and their knowledge of God.  That is success.  But, it seems that he has given up and is now making poor decisions with are affecting everyone around him.  At one point even endangering a grandson.  So I called!  Talk about being caught left footed!

What can anyone do in such an instance?  Prayer, a tremendous amount of prayer is required and I am earnestly praying you will be praying for God to reveal the problem (is it a medical question, spiritual, emotional, mid-life weirdness, what?!), provide the healing and use the victory over what ever is behind this!

Please do.....

No comments: