Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Some Days Are Hard

I knew I had over done it on Sunday.  It was too harsh on my body to do all of the bending, lift, squatting, having to walk constantly because of my right leg's continual stiffening - pain, tremendous pain!

So, codeine Sunday night, codeine through Monday and still the pain was not bearable at times.  I almost called my foot and ankle surgeon!  Even cutting it off would be better in the long run!  But, wisdom held out in favor of just taking it easy as best I could.

And "best", was not all that good!  The silly car decided to start leaking water, so son and I had to change - the lower hose, of course!  Could not be the top one, oh no, way too easy to take advantage of Kris' weakened condition.  But, we got the hose changed - only 1.5 hours! And it still was leaking ... And I know we did it right and tripled checked everything. 

So, it has to be the pump or broken block but the waterpump is an easier starting point.  I knew as soon as I sunk some money into that car last month, it would start to nickel and dime me to death.  Who needs a boat when you are named Plattner and carry the family transportation curse.  Yeah, it is genetic - my sister and I curse the need for cars.

Even when my son was running me around for parts - one of his rear tires literally exploded.  He decided it was me, that I weigh too much!  He almost got a Dutch rub out of that one!  But, I will concede this has not been my year to lose weight it seems!  Leastwise, until the cardiologist finally settles on a pill mixture - I am shafted in the weight loss category.

I am just glad the car lasted through the weekend before dieing.  Of course we had a high of about 30 today, why couldn't it have waited until summer!  And now I have to pull the front end off of that Lincoln and the high tomorrow and for the next week - 29 degrees!  I am going to be out in the cold, no doubt about that one!  Think of me as you sit in your warm house or in tropical sunbeams, as I freeze!  Of course, one nice thing is that with the current pill set - Swiss Boy is back!  Yes, I love the cold again, just not quite this cold though!

And any prayers for healing would be greatly appreciated!  You might want to include a lady named Kathy in my church whom with similar problems is having surgery today on her leg.  So, I am curiously dreading the outcome of her surgery ...

1 comment:

MhAhE said...

My prayers r with u and her