Thursday, February 20, 2014

Life Built To Last

I am probably the weakest I may have ever been as a Christian.  I hurt, this emotion aches within me, I only see dimly a road I no longer wish to walk.  How am I supposed to post to this blog when I am so overcome?

And the words of Debby Kramer, came rushing back to me.  I need to get myself back to basics until I am safe enough to move forward again.  She was always right, obviously right again, so thinking about basics tonight now and wondering what ever became of her ...  no, not in that way!

2 Timothy 2:1 - 13

Know Where To Find Your Strength
It must be secure.
"Be ...", not something we are expected to do.  However, it is something we are given.
"Grace", LOVE given by God without earning it.

Leave a Legacy of Faith
Make disciples.
Show what it means to live a Christian life.
Pass your "baton" to the next generation!
Not just an idea, what you actually need to do!
One on One ministry is the only way to really have an impact.

Cultivate Live That Lasts
A soldier does not become involved in civilian pursuits to please his general.
Dedicated to the leader.
Athletes, follow rules or be disqualified!
(Taking up your cross is your training!)
Farmers labor in a field.
(Hard life, you do not give up when the harvest is distant.)

Remember It Is All About Jesus
Remember why we are doing this!
Remember who He is.
Remember what He has done!

In other words, buck up Kris!  Remember all He has done in your life.  Remember all He has done to bring you to this day!  Remember what He has given you - it may seem hollow right now, but He does not invest without reaping what He has sown.

Well, that took two hours to do and I feel somewhat more buoyed.

No comments: