Thursday, February 6, 2014

Prayer Works

So, thank you my dear readers, your combined prayers have literally worked a miracle so far this week!

Kathy's surgery went extremely well on Tuesday.  I was able to yak at her a little yesterday and it turned out that her leg swelling (which looked much like mine) the doctors were theorizing was related to gall bladder troubles.  So, they removed it on Tuesday and her leg returned to normal size on Wednesday!  If that is not awesome, then I would be surprised by your definition!  But, who would have thought a gall bladder would do that?

As for me, this morning was the first morning since mid November that my right foot was been close in size to the normal left one!  If anything, I have been standing way too much for it this week and yet it has still gone down in size.

I have been having to stand for several hours at a time working on the Lincoln, sigh.  So today will be day four of trying to pull a waterpump off of the engine - talk about badly designed !  You literally have to pull everything on the engine to get to the waterpump.  Amazing.  It is not like waterpumps are ever changed on cars!

And this has to be coldest week since 1992!  The worse was yesterday where the temperature actually got up to 24 degrees!  Today will be barely better at 30!  And I have no cold weather gear anymore.  So jeans and a flannel shirt are all I have for warmth.  And I will still be out there as long as I can trying to pull that darn device today.

But, thank you for your prayers ... my leg and foot pain is greatly reduced, which is all that is allowing me to stand long enough to continue the progress at fixing that car - and I have to have it together tomorrow - sigh ...

No comments: