Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day Eight

It is now day eight of car repairs for me.  I thought I could save myself some money by replacing my own waterpump!  Instead I find that everything that could go wrong has!

Oh, yeah Saturday night, I finally had the unit installed, day 5!
Saturday night it snowed.
Sunday, I had to walk on my busted ankle and knee a mile to church, which took almost a full hour one way, and I got to do it in reverse too!
But, back home, I hung all of the components back on their mounts and then slammed into a brick wall.

I had lost three small bolts and had two huge bolts with no place to put them!

Now two of the small bolts seem to be half inchers, the two huge ones are 9/16's so not an issue of wrong bolt in wrong hole, they would not have fit!  The other small bolt is a metric.  I am sure the missing ones are on the ground but with the  snow could not find them and then has rained since, so need to break out the metal detector to find them.

But those two huge bolts are like 6" long!, I have no clue where they came from!  I am always so careful to lay screws out in the same order they are pulled and then plug them back in when I have whatever apart, yet these just sat on the air cover.  Lonely, no indication where they could have come from, and nothing in the book even showing a bolt that long!

Sigh, I am just so cursed!

Thursday is my drop dead because Friday is set up for my next antique show ...

And yeah, I am writing this Monday morning because I have no faith I will have this resolved on Tuesday but will be busy all day today trying to though ... so posting this now for Tuesday!

sigh ...

No comments: