Saturday, February 15, 2014

Musical Saturday Morning

My heart is so heavy from James' death yesterday.  He was one whom brought humor into my life - because he was extremely clueless, with a sardonic wit and that made it all the more funny!

My mind roved back to my safe place, where I am untouchable, back in Germany.  I was in sixth grade and spent many a weekend at the local post commissary.  It was always hopping at the commissary.  Lots of musical groups practiced there on Saturday afternoons.  One of them was to become Gary Lewis and the Playboys.

I liked Gary, he was a real guy.  And since I really did not like his father, it made it easy for him to know that this precious youth was not a suck up.

I really am in need of real people right now.  Thank you Gary for being there for me when my great-uncle died ...



Which takes me to my other safe place - though I fear its ... yeah, I do not even know the word in English.  (it took some thinking to realize that the word, Sehnsucht, does not have any English equivalent without writing several paragraphs!  sigh, how I hate being stuck between languages sometimes!)

No comments: