Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 9, Sigh

Yeah, day 9 of continuous auto work!

So, I got the waterpump back in the car, everything hung, refilled the coolant and checked for leaks.  And was there ever leaks!  Only it was not coolant - it was power steering fluid.

Somehow I managed to snap the back fluid connector off of the power steering fluid pump!  OMG!  Really!?!?!?  And to add to the insult, the newly broken connector sliced my hands up nicely as I attempted to reattach the hose.  Sigh...

You know, power steering fluid, whatever it is - STINGS something AWFUL!  OMG!

So, have a new unit ordered.  It will be in Seattle sometime this morning.  It will take about 1 hours to do the tear down to the pump, maybe an hour to pull the pump and three to reassemble the mess again.  So, between babysitting my grandson, cursing at a Ford and actually doing repairs I may have a working car again by noon today.  Sigh ...

And as for my show this weekend, no way will I be ready for it now!  Gees, just my luck.

I hate American cars ...

No comments: