Friday, September 20, 2013

Vegan Shocker

My youngest granddaughter turned three years old and so her mother planned a birthday party for her - at Boeing's museum of flight!  Somehow that just did not seem right, what fun is a three year old going to have in a museum?

Well, apparently plenty!  She loved the kids section where they have several experimental type aircraft that they kids can crawl all over, shake the stick, and bang those pedals to the metal for all they are worth!

I was stunned by the price however! $25 per person!  OMG!  Luckily, my son's on again / off again girlfriend came and she had scored 8 free passes to the museum!  So it was free!  And she gave me three more passes to use in the future, so I can visit another time!  Super cool, free is always good!

Then the party moved on for lunch at a vegan place my number two daughter wanted to try.  It was not particularly very good but it was a party for granddaughter not me.  I had been vegan in a past life (college!) long before it was every even thought of by the oddities arguing for it today - so no biggie for me, but my son just about came unglued at the thought of a meal without meat!  Which surprised me because we often had dinners which were meatless as he was growing up.  I was showing all of the kids that you can have delicious meals without animal based protein at every meal.  Apparently the logic was lost on him at the time.

But he survived and probably ate three pounds of fish for a snack once he was home .....

So back home, I was telling my friend about the day and she sent me this clip from Portlandia:



And I laughed and laughed as the sounds echoed through the house ...

No comments: