Monday, February 4, 2013

Blast From The Past

I was working an antique show again this weekend, long hard hours but it helps keep beans on the table.....

So, I am in this building about 4 acres in size and there are some 5,000 shoppers plus several hundred booths set up - so a miserable pain to traverse.  My booth is of course in the rear of the building and the snack bar in the front, so I get to wade through the crowd to get a lemonade and then again back.  But, having battled the crowd to the snack bar, I skirt the edge of the show along the side hoping to make a faster return to my booth.  It was not to be.

I was about half way back when my mind told me there was something odd - a face in the wrong place, someone I knew from the past, from another place and time, so i scanned the crowd around me to see what my mind had already.  And there she was, one of "my girls" from twenty years ago.....

Holy Moley!  She was not hard to miss - cotton candy colored hair with a blue touch, piercings, tatoos, pushing a baby stroller and her bright blue eyes met mine and she was in my arms faster than I could remember her name!  Yeah, she was always in my top five.  Not because she was troubled, or physically attractive to me, but because she possessed an honest desire to know and serve God.

So for the next 90 minutes we talked about life, the universe, her marriage and why on earth was she here!  Seems husband got a job at MicroSquish, they lives about 60 miles away, she was bored and very much in need of prayer.  With God there are no coincidences, He brought us together because we both need prayer in all aspects of life.  He is so cool that way.  It was an awesome reunion.

Later I saw her mother and talked with her for a while as well, she is over visiting and seeing the grandchildren.  Seems her life is greatly in need of prayer as well.  Lovely woman, she did well with her daughter.....

But, that just a taste of the beauty of this day and I will share more through the week as we go along.
:)

No comments: