Sunday, January 1, 2012

Freaking, Holding Firm, Backing Up

Poor New Daughter, how my heart hurts for her.  She is going through the emotional gamut.  Reliving the failures of her birth father and the relationship so longed for but never achieved.  Discovering that deep within her she finds even the term 'father' to bring forth the vilest of reactions.  And the concept of love is terrifying.

But it gets harder for her.  The first sprigs of love are blooming within her heart, for this really strange dude that is pursuing a relationship with her, neither of which have ever happened before.  She has been that controlling of herself.....

Now she is choosing to lower her guard and trust me, to reveal for the first time ever - not only the woman within but the daughter as well.   We have promised complete transparency with one another (unbelievably hard when you are not used to speaking the raw unvarnished truth).  I have tremendous respect and admiration not only for how far she has come in just one month - when I expected years, but also I am awed by a God whom knew her timing and her needs, then selected the least capable of His followers to participate in this life changing event.

Yeah, she gave me about 100 more things to 'discuss' with her when next we can spend time together.  But, I am just hanging loose, sending her an IM a few times a day or a text message if I really expect a reply.  And of course a nightly, "I love you".....

We will see how next week works out.  Quite suddenly people whom have not been in my life in years are all "swinging" by - makes me interested in seeing how ND is going to handle all of the history she is about to be exposed to.....  Not a one of them is what I know was Christian, so I expect this to be opportunities for ND to cut and run, or to be attacked and put down.  Innocent as a dove, sly as a fox.

Due to this unscheduled week ahead of me, I have posted ahead a series on something all of us as Christians really need to think about and I have been trying to address in my church.  The Problem is very real, the Solution so socially painful that I can not believe any change will be attempted and yet Action is something we must prepare for.  I guarantee you will not see the conclusion coming - before it posts - because you will all be angry at me and probably deleting your bookmarks - but wait until the last of the series before you do.  I think you will be rather surprised by next Friday's conclusion - no matter where you stand on the issue.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought, Kris... if you lived here I would adopt you. Or you could adopt me! I count you as family already anyway! LOL!

KJP said...

:^)