Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Nieces

Well, if I am involved, then there will be NO normalcy in the vicinity!

Take for instance my nieces' recent visit.  Now a visit to a normal home might involve old people drinking tea and arguing the Middle East Solution and slowly decaying.  But, no! not if I am around!

The girls had not been in America very much and each time was sort of a disaster.  So, I went to the store and stocked up on junk food.  Yes, their visit was to be based a food dare - what would they try to eat vs what would they totally avoid?

First up was Twinkies.  They had never heard of them and it was with the greatest of trepidation that the youngest took one bite and almost hurled it!  The oldest would not even try a bite without reading the ingredients first.  Yeah, no fun in that one!  Having satisfied herself that there was NOTHING which occurs in nature, in Twinkies, she rather rudely ended the game.


Hah!  But, I got her a little later sneaking a Ding Dong.  Like something in nature can be found in one of those?????  (Closet hypocrite!) 

Well, I had fun, youngest niece had fun and as for the oldest, well, she will probably remember an entirely different set of stories in the years ahead - where she ate the Twinkie.....  LOL!

So, we had fun together, in the absence of my children having ANY interaction with them.  Don't ask me, I just live here.

For this picture, our sugar charged Aussies decided to pose for a photo.  Of course, I was caught off guard and might like to have put a better shirt on.  But, it is one of the few photos I got of the girls - where the oldest was smiling!  Hmmm, high sugar levels = smiles?  Or is it just the whole chocolate issue with females?  LOL

Can you spot the 16 year old in this photo?????

No comments: