Saturday, January 7, 2012

Musical Saturday Morning

First, a bit of explanation.  I was badly injured this week and since Tuesday have been mostly bedridden, except for a few hours of being able to be upright.  Yes, the King of Klutz did it again and he is back in a back brace - probably for another week at least.

So, it has not been a very good week physically, however my heart and mind are filled with joy at how well New Daughter is progressing.  I wish it were possible for you to see the change that has taken place in this young woman's heart over the past six weeks.  Whom ever would have thought that some old fart taking an interest in the well being of a young woman, could have such an impact on her.  Just simple stuff like taking her shopping and picking up a pair of jeans for her, or some wool socks to keep her toes warm - or even makeup remover.  Things no father had ever done for her.

Amazing, but of course God knew.

And so for this month's musical selection I am breaking the mold and rolling the music clock back to about 1971-ish and a song that expresses my heart at this moment.

So for your Saturday morning entertainment I give you The Fifth Dimension and the wonderful voice of Marilyn McCoo:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long live the King! LOL!

I love Marilyn McCoo... my Dad was a Fifth Dimension freak!

Love you, my friend. Let's be careful out there!