Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Inconvenient

For those whom know or "know" me, they  understand that my back is my Achilles Heel.  I used to have a great back but in 1996 my little Toyota was crushed between a truck and bus loading passengers.  And, that was the end of that one!

So, I travel a fairly safe path.  Able to negotiate my way through crowds such that no one can even touch my back, for that brings forth the most horrid of pain.  Of course, one can always forget and drop their guard.

So yesterday, New Daughter and I were gather stuff up to take to the local thrift store - I bent over to pickup some DVD's I knocked over - and that was it.

So, I am standing there, bent over at the waist, with no ability to get upright!  ND is wondering what to do - and were she not so uncomfortable at this time, I could have used her help.  But, no sense making her more uncomfortable!  Hence, it took about 20 minutes for me retain upright and get my brace found and on.  Such misery!

Today, I am wondering how what needs to be done will be.  It is so unfair to have to rely on ND, but like a new babe - there is almost nothing I can do for myself today!  Sigh.....

So for those of you whom may have ever broken your pelvis or your spine, you know of what I am going through.  For those of you whom have not - just imagine that even the simplest act of breathing in - ignites all of the nerves in your lower body to scream in pain simultaneously!

Prayer gladly accepted.

No comments: