Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Down

Been more than a little down since last Friday.  Friday marked the death of my father a year ago now.  In reflection, it seems like 8 years have gone by with all of the drama swirling around me!  It continues to be some disaster every 21 days, whether I like it or not!

But, losing a loved one, for eternity really stings.  I prayed for that man's salvation for almost four decades but there was just no turning that man's head to consider there is a need for a savior.  I re-read my little memorial I did on him.  As I sat and stared into that youthful face, bedecked in his KinderKorp uniform, I could not help but weep for all of the children in that photo (I have the original with about a dozen kids in it).  So lied to by the world they lived in, so lost to eternity.  Though I pray some of them were able to live long enough to turn their hearts towards God.

Now I think of my almost lifelong friend living in Tucson.  When I was down there in January I left the book, The Case for a Creator, for him to read.  He just sent it back with a note telling me that evolution is easier to believe.  Sigh.  I knew his family well and with the exception of him and his brother, they were all Christians.  You have to wonder what happened to harden his heart so.....

And what of my recently dead uncle back home in Switzerland?  His life never did match up well with Christian ideals, but he certainly knew the truth.  Well God knows his heart and I pray his choices concerning God were better than in life.  Sigh.

Yeah you get my drift - I am feeling the weight of loss for those I have loved but are now without any further hope, those whom continue to rebel against God and lastly for my son.  He certainly professed Christ at one time but his teenage years have been a real battle for him.  To the point I have to question his salvation state.  I know that is between him and God and only God knows the truth of his state. But, it strangles my heart to think of the pain on the course of life he is chosing.

Sigh.....  Just on of those days I guess.

2 comments:

Granny Lee said...

Good Afternoon Sir,
You don't know me, but I have recently been following your blog, and was truly touched by this one in particular.
Wrote something similar myself this month and was raked over the coals by a so-called friend who stated that I am obviously mislead and in the minority in my feelings of what a Christian is (I mentioned in the blog about feeling responsible for speaking to others about Jesus, and felt bad about those that I have failed). He even insinuated in a "follow-up" comment that the reason I was so ignorant was because of geography; I am from the South. Geez! This is someone for whom church is a social occasion, who "collects" Bibles but admits that he does not see them as the Word of God. Yes, I am rambling and babbling, and I apologize.
While I am not glad that you were down,nor that there were those in your life who seemed to just not "get it", it was somehow reassuring to know that I am not the only one who has harbored these thoughts/feelings.
Thank you for your insights, your wisdom, and your humor. Your writing is a delight.

KJP said...

welcome to the ramblings of my mind! i always rejoice when someone leaves a comment - cause at least i know someone reads this stuff! well, and if they have a site, i read through it. much safer than just randomly surfing in Blog-land.