Monday, December 20, 2010

Spook's Aftermath

Much of what I now believe about the relation of God to the believer, the world to the believer and Satan's capabilities was molded directly by what happened to Spook.  I personally witnessed God use the strangest of circumstances to bring Spook and me together, provide for witnessing opportunities and the turning of him, his family and local neighbors all to God.  Then I saw the havoc Satan can sow into a new believer's life.  It was not pretty but God's Spirit strengthened those whom would be strengthened.

Spook licked his wounds for a few years, met a very nice retiree, remarried, bought a place on a beautiful bay, retired and now builds handcrafted cedar boxes for blankets his wife makes and sells.  They are I heard from them very happy.

Of Spook's boys, one went to prison, one went to college and one does manual labor to get by.  Very sad and I do hope they can return to where they were in their relationship with God.

Spook's wife, however, I could write a book on.  As, of all of them, she kept in touch the most with me.  You see, drug dealing boyfriend only lasted about a year before he was caught and sent to life in prison.  She got herself off of drugs, got herself back together with God and then the effect of all of those years of cocaine caught up with her and she suffered a grand mal seizure.  Lost from her mind were all of the years from the point she discovered drugs to the day she was released from the sanitarium.  Yeah, no memories at all.  And also no ability to live an unsupported life.  So, her youngest son, the one whom does labor, is caring for her.  And, yes, she is now getting herself back to where she should have been with God.

In all, a tragic tale I could give of what happens to believers in a Godless society.  However, a wonderful tale at how God moved to turn one man to him, then his family and then his village.

Over this past weekend, I heard from Spook's new wife, after 11 years of silence from them.  How strange I thought, here I was writing about them - and then I hear from them!  Now how is that for coincidence?  Yeah, no coincidence there at all.

Thank you God.....

No comments: