Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Senior Moment

I had one of those senior moments yesterday, you know, you forget something you are supposed to know! ARGH! I hate it when it is just there. on the tip of the brain stem, and nothing.....!

Yes, I forgot the address for my blog. But, it was also a God moment, as you will shortly see.

So, I googled my address and got one hit, I did not even look, I just clicked. And up came the page for a woman in the mid-west, someone whom is an award winning photographer and writer. So, I was suddenly sidetracked - this is going to be good I thought!

But, as I looked through her photos, they were "off", something not right about them. Some nudity, nothing tastless, but it was worse "off" than the rest of the photos. They would be called artistic. They let me unsettled, no not because I am a guy, but because God was trying to tell me something and I was not seeing what He was seeing. So, I roamed through the various paths eventually ending up at a very hard to find yet painful biography.

In her words she told of how she had been raped by her uncle at 11 and the disasters which had followed in her life. Suddenly, I was seeing her as I had my daughter and I understood, the perspective all too well. I understood her damage, I understood why she had become whom she had become, I understood her photographs of the brokenness of femininity.....

And I thought to send her an email, but then stopped. No, God has not programmed me to reached out to more than just my daughter, at least at this time. Yeah, I may understand that woman's brokenness but I do not have the "answer" for her, I only know the answer for my daughter. This suffering woman I can not be a part of her fix.

So, I told my "niece" about this and my desire - yet my own frustration. I must wait, to heal the one I am supposed to, the rest are on God's list.....

And that really frustrates me.

No comments: