Sunday, October 3, 2010

In Memorial

Friday night, I pulled the mail out of the mail box and observed a large envelope.  Probably another advertisement I figured, I get dozens of them a day.

Sorting the mail, that envelope's turn came and I now observed that it came from the office of the President of the United States!  Oh My God!

The last time I received such an envelope it carried greetings from President Nixon and his desired to send me to an as yet undisclosed destination.  What on earth could President Obama want with me?!?!?!?

Inside was a letter in memory of father and his contribution to the Cold War Era.  I would rather he sent me the documentation as to why father had been awarded three Bronze Stars!  But, who knows, maybe that signature will be worth something someday.....

For new readers this is my memorial to father:
http://kjp-little-apple.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-memory.html

No comments: