Monday, October 25, 2010

Awkward

So, I am walking from one building to the other at my church when I encounter one of the young women I have gotten to know, due to her situation - a matter of great prayer I have not shared with you due to the gossip potential.

"Hey!  So how are you doing?"

She gives me a big hug, stiffens then exclaims, "Oh my God!  Uhm, suddenly everything is very complicated!"  And runs for the women's toilet.

Huh!  So, I wander in and find a seat, wondering if maybe she got herself a case of el tourista somewhere.  And then I see what she must have seen - her ex-husband and her father walking into the sanctuary.....  Yup, this is going to be one awkward day for that young lady.

A few minutes later, the mother unit comes storming into the sanctuary with a firm grip on her daughter's arm and slams said daughter in the pew next to her ex.  Yeah, I do not think the parents quite agree with the daughter on the subject of her divorce.

Soon, I see her little sister join them, placing herself delicately between older sister and the ex.  This is in turn copied by her little brother.  Ahhhhh, such nice siblings!

Yup, I will bet lunch was a killer this afternoon.....

No comments: