Monday, October 11, 2010

Such A Week!

Last week really was one for the books.  In fact it was so bizarre that I am not even sure where to begin in telling you about it!!

First up, one of my cousins decided that she wants to be an actress and sent me photos of some of the rehearsal scenes - in the buff!  Yeah, nude show and middle aged women should not be shipping photos of themselves around!

Of course, I have rather strong feelings on this type of activity, especially from someone whom has professed to be a Christian since her high school days.  I guess that her Christianity does not include phrases such as "modesty", "clothe yourself", "flee from sin", etc.  You get the point.

So, what did I do?  I pointed out this hypocrisy!

Then one of her friends decided to take me on for being a one of those hypocritical conservatives that have ruined this country (those that know me do believe that I am a liberal!).  She also tossed in homophobe and a few other choice words.

So, I wrote back to this total stranger that I am far from anti-gay, in fact through the years I have had dozens of "gay" friends, both male and female.  Unfortunately, 34 of them have died from aids through those same years.  So I asked how many gay friends she has had, how many have died due to this, how many has she sat with as they died, how many has she witnessed to and comforted in those moments? 

Of course, the answer will be zero, because those whom have, do not condemn others - they accept that others still have to learn that Christ died for all - no matter what their personal feelings are towards anyone or their sin!

It is called living your faith and apparently this is not a lesson either of them have lived yet.....

No comments: