Monday, December 10, 2007

Honey, Cover Those Up!


I learned on Saturday what Diedre had been up to last week.  She had taken oldest daughter off to get photographs of grandmother with OD and the baby.  Diedre is often intuitive and was thinking my grandmother would not be able to make Christmas with the family as my uncle is planning!  Of course, no one ever tells me anything around here!

I guess she is right from the pictures she showed me.  Grandmother is not conscious most of the time these days.  The visit did not go very well as grandmother could not stay awake and even fell asleep while holding the baby.  She also did not recognize OD, which upset her from what I was told.

So, Saturday night Diedre and I are sitting in a pub (family and food area, booze on the other side of a short wall) discussing this.  I was of course a little sorrowful.  Eventually, two bosomy young women came in and sat at the table next to us.  Now mind you it was obvious these young women were looking for action and had dressed most, uhm, provocatively with not much left inside their blouses.

Our food eventually arrives and I said a short, quiet blessing over it, as I always do.  Now I hear this, “Oh my God!” from the table next to us and turn to see young woman number one hastily buttoning her shirt while number two has grasped her breasts crying, “But, I have no more buttons!” and rushes out of the dining area, closely followed by the other.  Everyone had a great laugh over that one!  A few teenage boys looked dejected though.

So I guess the best way to encourage modesty, is through prayer?

Later Diedre commented that I had shown amazing restraint by not staring at them as every other male was doing.  But, you know honestly, I was in so much pain by then nothing would have turned my head except a morphine dispenser!  Besides, what did those young women have to offer?  I will stick to my belief that a woman dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt is the best looker around…  (Of course, that would also be no woman I have ever met.)

I know, I know, I am twisted, warped, sick, demented.

No comments: