Monday, March 25, 2013

Warm Bodies

It is hard for me to avoid a zombie movie.  Usually they are filled with sick humor which really appeals to me.

Warm Bodies, is your usual zombie flick: zombies hunting humans for their brains, humans hunting zombies to blow out theirs.  yawn.....

But, this film is also a love story between a zombie and a young woman.  Apparently the zombie for whatever reason wanted to relearn about emotion and love, while she was more interested in not having her brains bashed out and eaten.  You will have to like dark humor to love this film.

And there sat this adult, with a two month, three week old emotion - in fully control of him, no old nature left to revert to - to protect him from what was coming.  I was forced to tears as I experienced a flood of emotion.  I think my friend feared for my sanity and asked if I needed to leave.  I probably should have, my emotional state for the rest of the evening was a train wreck.

Surprisingly, Kris gives this movie a thumbs up.  Think Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" crossed with Shakespeare's Twelfth Night or maybe Romeo and Juliet, only played backwards since he starts out dead and comes back to life.  Yeah, campy but fun.

Is it an owner?  I do not know.  I refused to watch during a disrobing scene, it would have been to much at that point.  I also refused to watch points where snogging was going to be the action.  I was an emotion wreck as I said.  Apparently, it takes very little to set me off.  So, one day it may become an owner but for now I am too financially broke and emotionally fragile.

Recommendation?  Yeah, teenagers on up would enjoy this film, either for the love story or the brain eating.  heh, heh, heh, heh.......

No comments: