Monday, March 11, 2013

God Has Your Back

Continuing my series on God's enabling you to be His hands and feet in this world, in spite of whom you are or what you are capable of.

John 1:14-18

Yes, if you have not noticed, I love the book of John.  John has a way of speaking to me like no other of the Gospel writers. I an identify with him and his passion, I can identify with him in his failures, so when he says something - I listen!

God's Son  equips you.
"Glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."

God's grace enables you.
To approach God.  Hebrews 4:16
To be content.         2 Corinthians 12:9
To say no to ungodliness.  Titus 2:11-12
To say no to sin.     Romans 6:15-16

God's truth empowers you.
To know for sure.   John 14:6
  •  Know your source of truth!
  • "Fallacy does not cease to be fallacy just because it becomes fancy" Chesterton
To be free.               John 8:31
  •  To do His will without concern of cost
To be guided.         John 16:13
  • In the moment you are in, at the time your are in need of empowerment!
 God's supply will engulf you!
"and from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace"


The point here is that God will provide what is needed for the situations He puts you in and what He expects of you.  One of my ways of always knowing if I have failed Him or am not listening.  So far, He has blessed me bountifully!  To such an extent that I can not fully grasp what He is indeed up to in my future.  But, I suspect it is another ministry, building upon my past as a teacher and a concern for the lost......  Although certainly God can bless us with running cars (I sort of broke GG's), shelter (I temporarily have with GG), other physical stuff (who really cares?), friends (I have discovered true gold in mine), peace (through a war zone), etc.  Yeah, as I have said before, the natural man sees disaster, but I see blessings and riches that natural man can not fathom.  Thank you Lord.....

No comments: