Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Yummies

No this is not exactly the post for diabetics.

I love this time of year.  Not because of the gift giving or receiving, not for all of the family and friends, not even for super scrumptious meals!  No, I am drawn like a moth to the open flame of carbohydrate overload!

Last weekend was Krumkaka from a local baker I met and oh can she make the Scandinavian sweet breads!  Something I really miss from not be able to sneak a quick visit up north on occassion.

This weekend, I am enjoying Panettone sweet bread from Italy.  And next weekend I am already planning on having a German Stollen, but it is not a great Stollen.  Great Stollens I save for Christmas morning.  The kids have long ago come to understand that immediately after stocking unstuffing, it is time to dig into a yummy Stollen!

Yes, indeed it is a wonderful time of year and one that should drive my blood sugars off the scale.

:^)

No comments: