Monday, December 26, 2011

Blessed

One of my few joys, from my old life (aka before the 1996 crushing of my car)) is to host a Christmas Eve dinner.  I love cooking, I love making candies and the kids have all dug in and helped every year make it special.  Sometimes, I wear out and one of the daughters will take over in order to make it all happen.  The kids all do the decorating and over due it every year!  (note no mention of my son and being helpful in the same sentence!)

This year my plan was simple: family only.  But, it would seem God had other plans.  First exception was New Daughter, whom I now needed to include - no biggie.  But, then the guy (whose daughter her age recently died and she has continued staying with after her mother had to go to the other daughter) wanted to come.  Okay.  But, then one of the families I have grown close to - just had twins, just moved, he was laid off on Monday!, then his mother died Tuesday - so that was the end of Christmas for them.  Of course, I invited them!  Then new mother's, mother came up to care for the kids while the parents were off at the funeral Friday in eastern Washington and now she is coming too.  I am counting on my fingers and going, "Oh my!"  Then add a even younger family, whom are struggling mightily in their marriage, new from Mexico, no friends locally, etc. and of course they need to be included as well.  Throw in the Swede, just out of the hospital on Thursday, but he is extended family anyway.

From five of us to now fourteen adults, six kids and two babies!

Yes-sir-ee, a challenge!

So how does all of this equal "Blessed"?  Because, God engineered an evening I would not have attempted - but thoroughly enjoyed.  It was sort of like old times.  But, the greatest blessing I will post about tomorrow.....

No comments: