Monday, May 9, 2011

Time To Think

One of the positive benefits of traveling is being able to have time to think.  One of the negative aspects of travel is having time to think, mostly because I tend to become morose and introspective at such times.  Always better to be busy and not considering one's life and all of the what-ifs of paths either traveled - or not.

Being really bored, I have been seeking employment - which has not been forthcoming.  With a bomb proof resume, decades of experience, and NO one will even interview me in the Seattle area!  And I thought a great deal on this.

Anytime life no longer makes sense, God is involved in there somewhere.  But, to what end?  No clue. Yes, I am clueless in Seattle!  LOL, as my daughter says.


Saturday, it dawned on me I just might be depressed over the goings on of the past year.  Yeah, I guess I could see that one reasonably well.  Loss of my father and youngest uncle, the near death of my mother and having to care for her, wedding of daughter number two - followed by a new grand-daughter, learning that your body is shutting down all the while trying to hold things together and find meaningful employment.  Add in a brother-in-law battling stage 4 cancer, the struggles of some of "my" kids - like my 14 year old god-daughter in prison.  Sigh, the list goes on and on it seems!  Sometimes.

See, I just should never be allowed to be alone and unoccupied!  Pity party for one, now seating.....

But, I do see God quietly working in the background.  My married daughters, though struggling, are both getting their acts slowly together.  Youngest daughter is blessed with great grades in school and in her vocation.  Even son, for as much as I want to smack him upside the head, is slowly making tiny signs of growing up.  None of us are starving and bills are being paid.  God-children and "my" kids will succeed or fail as their performance warrants.  PTL!

Life, it is an interesting affair.....

No comments: