Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sherlock Holmes

I was at my local Kroeger's owned store and spied a Sherlock Holmes collection.  I always enjoyed of his adventures when I was a kid and also remember a few of the Basil Rathbone movies fondly.

Yesterday I got to watch four of the movies - four more to go!  But, there is also a BBC TV series of 39 episodes as well!  So, those will all be new to me.

Best part?  Well, the price was all of $4.99 for the set!  Awesome.  Movie-wise, The Secret Weapon is still holding as my favorite, mostly because it was partially true and I am sure that some poor screenwriter really got grilled over that plot line - as it was filmed in 1942!  (You may have heard of the Norton Bomb Sight, very hush-hush even after the war!)

If you like black and white movies where there are no explosions or car chases, where dialogue is considered important to the movie and no ones is disemboweled or eaten on screen - this is an owner set!

Got to go now and see some more sleuthing in action.....

No comments: