Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Discovery

Shortly after I began my first blog, of which this is the seventh iteration, Dutchman called me up to tell me about a site he had found on the web and how much I would enjoy it because the guy seemed to think just like me.  When he told me the address, I told him that was me!  There was this long silence followed by the question, "Uhm, whom am I on there?"  When I told him he was the Dutchman he got to laughing so long and hard I thought I would have to call the paramedics for him!  Because he really is the Dutchman!

I could repeat the same story for Swedish Rocket Scientist, whom is so literal that I had to explain his name!  You see he went to college to study nuclear physics - his work on the Apollo rocket was only secondary in nature to his real love and pursuit!  No he never did do any work in the nuclear work but lots in aerospace.  So, once we got past the literalism of his "ID" (no that is not as in identity, it is as in internal ego!), he could settle down and be a regular reader - with lots of hilarious comments via email!

So, Italian Missionary Girl made a surprise visit yesterday as she was attending the funeral of a friend and decided to spend the day with me.  Oh my gosh we had so much fun it should have been illegal!  She wanted to do some Facebook work, so she hopped on my machine and away she went!  About an hour later she walks into the kitchen and asks, "Am I Italian Missionary Girl?"

Guess I shouldn't bookmark my site, eh?  But all was well.  She said it was a very funny and very interesting (she loved Elaine and Roger).  I guess I just never thought about the fact that she has grown into a very dear virtual daughter and though I would never verbalize that affection in this culture, I have demonstrated it through action and prayer.  Perhaps she needed to know she does have a supporter through her travails.  So, IMG, welcome to my whacky blog - and you know where you stand in my book and family and heart......

No comments: