Saturday, February 5, 2011

Musical Saturday Morning

In Europe, the Beatles did not get much attention and I admit that being a teenager in Germany, we wondered exactly what was wrong with youth the world over - there were a great many better bands but their lack of popularity in America was the death sound for many a decent group.....

I guess I should also comment that Russia does have more than its fair share of young ladies whom are "lookers" - but the average ones I have encountered all have some really severe problems between their ears (no offense daughters I am referring to the ones I dd not raise!).  What is the old adage?  "Pretty to touch, delightful to hold, but if you catch it ..."  Well that story has been told!

Of course, it is at this point I must pop in some history about this song - it revolves around the swap of Gary Powers, an American spy, for the Soviet spy, Vilyam Genrikhovich Fisher.
 
http://youtu.be/kHD5nd3QLTg

No comments: