Monday, May 5, 2014

Prayer Request

At my last employer, there was a guy, a real political suck up whom had advanced to senior vice president and was only months older than me.  One day he left his office, told his secretary he was going home and not feeling well.  This I could hear over the partition of my little "office" area.  Then the splat as he hit the floor.  He was dead before he even hit the floor according to the medics - massive brain aneurism.

I had a terrible call on Thursday from one of my oldest friends.  I was chatting with the husband on FaceBook, when the wife called me up on my phone and so I two conversations going.  I thought it funny at the time.  However, for as light as his train of thought was, hers was very troubling.  Then their son hops onto chat with me as well.  Which was odd, this never happens with any of them and me!

I was to learn that my first god-daughter, has developed a brain aneurism - which is leaking.  It is bad enough she lost her job due to the frequency of blacking out episodes.  And she is refusing any surgery.  So much prayer needed.

She was a very successful model - with all the pain and misery which goes with that.

She just turned 37 on Thursday.  So as part of her birthday wishes on FaceBook, I also sent her message with my current phone numbers in case she wanted to talk.  But, she still has not called.

She has always known what is right and what is wrong, she just chooses wrong every time.  And, I would like to see her pull her life back together before it is too late.  With this artery leaking, it is probably not going to be much longer until, like Alan, it ruptures and is all over.

And that will be a very sad day ...

:(

No comments: