Monday, May 6, 2013

Life, Interupted

As if an unknown prophesy, Wednesday I had written Thursday's post.  I was happy, I was at peace, I was satisfied with life once again.  How many can say that?  Yet, I felt awful!

Thursday, I was up at 4:30 am to drive to my eldest daughter's to pick up the grand kids for the day.  We dropped eldest off at her job and I took the kids to IHOP for breakfast.  They were spinning little tops, which always makes me laugh!  We were no sooner in the door than a man rushed up to me and grabbed my hand and began pumping it.  I was drawing a blank until he spoke.

It was brother Timothy's step-father!  Now what are the odds of that one!  Seems he and one of his friends are in town for some sort of meeting.  And I was happy.  He is one of those men whom I may see only once a decade but when I do it is like we are long lost friends.  He also is only one of two men in my life whom always ask me how I am doing spiritually.  It always throws me for a loop because, well, no one in this culture actually cares about virtual strangers.  It was good to see him.

Then I had to go to physical therapy for my knee, but it whooped me!  I still was not feeling right and was unable to perform as well as I should have been able to.

I brought the kids back to my place, called youngest daughter to come and watch the kids while I went to see my cardiologist.  Yeah, I really was not feeling well at all!  I just wanted to ask him some questions, but before I could even say hi, he had me on an EKG machine and told me I looked like death warmed over.  Gotta love his attention to detail.

Within minutes I was rushed to the emergency room, where they were unable to stabilize my heart.  So I was sent to a special room where needles rule and I had an angiogram!

So, the short of it was three blocked arteries in my heart.  I opted for the stint insertion approach, versus his preference for splitting my rib cage.  Of course, if I am involved, then it must get hosed up.  What he thought would be under one hour to do the three repairs turned into a three an a half hour ordeal to just deal with the largest artery.  Guess, I have strangely curved arteries.

With only one done, he quit and decided that Swedish in Seattle would have to address the other two.

By Saturday night, Swedish had decided not to the stint route with the other two and wanted to wait and see how I do with just the largest of the arteries now open.  I am thinking that what is not being said is that I with get my ribs spread at sometime in the future.  sigh.

So, go to your cardiologist to ask a question and get strapped to a table for 60 hours!  gees!

But, it is good to be home now and I do feel a world better, albeit, exhausted and extremely sore!

And yes as I lay in the ICU I thought on Thursday's post and how true it really was /  is.  I am still completely at peace with God and within myself.  Not exactly sure what all is up with this but we will see....

No comments: