Monday, May 13, 2013

Iron Man III

A great many told me that this sequel, number 3, is nowhere near as good as the original.  Being a cynic, I have to find out for myself.  'D' grade sci-fi is just too fun pass up!

So, with friend in tow, we descended upon the local theater and watched the latest Iron Man offering.

First up are the trailers and I see a new Thor is coming out.  I hope it is as good as the original, I liked it a great deal.

Now for Iron Man.

Hmmmm.  I like Paltrow, but not so much in this one.  Sort of a Pod Pepper appears in this movie.  The need to masculate the femme fatale is never appreciated.  Imagine Ingrid Bergman physically beating up the Nazi's in Casablanca!  No, just the wrong message to what is supposed to bear a romantic quality.

Robert Downey Jr was, well, himself.  I like the guy because I understand him and appreciate the battle he fights.  And he is a great actor after all.  And I think that the trailers really misrepresented the film and how it plays out. He did well, given what the screen writers gave him.

The plot was quite good and the usage of Ben Kingsley was very good, I have to admit I never saw the trickery coming, I had guessed that the Manchurian was in league with the doofus, but really?!?!?!?!  So that part played out quite well. Up to the discovery of whom the Manchurian really is, it is a great film.  It falls apart after that because it is solid explosions and CGI for the rest of the film.

Oh well, such is the pain of not being a part of the demographic audience .....  age minus IQ, I guess.

Yes, it is an owner of a film and a good film at that.  But, only about 75% great picture and then 25% loser.

Big bag of popcorn needed!

No comments: