Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stuck For Cause

Been a very frustrating week of working on auto, injuries and just wanting to get back home!  But, it seems God has had other purposes in mind.......

Take yesterday for instance.  Youngest daughter had to go into school early and son had to go in late.  So son would have had a real problem since he does not drive yet (no savings = no car, no savings = no insurance which = no car again!).  So, I took him to work and here is where our story begins.

On the way home I heard there was a major mess at Southcenter due to a tractor/trailer turning over.  With nothing better to do, I headed over to check out the mess.  Yup, nice mess!  Three hours of watch tweedle-dee and tweedle-dummer working to flip the rig back up onto its wheels, I headed to north Seattle to visit lumber stores.

Heading back to my dead car, to work on it, I suddenly felt as though I had to get there as quickly as possible.  Generally, these little "intuitive" thoughts are God - so, need to react!  Ha!  the first street bridge was up and I knew I did not have 30 minutes to sit there while the bridge cycled.  I headed back to I-5 and burned rubber south.

I got home and there was nothing unusual at all!  Yeah, nothing out of place, nothing wrong that I could find.  Then came the rapping at the door.  It was oldest daughter.  No I had not invited her over, was not planning lunch with her, what was up I wondered.....

She came in sobbing and I quickly was able to rule out son-in-law being dead, leaving her, or beating her.  Turned out she had taken a fall and her hand was hurting something awful and she wanted her daddy.  Ahhhhhh.

But, it took all of 5 seconds to spot that she had broken joints and finger bones.  Yeah, I am the king of those too.  So I whisked her off to the hospital, which is a great deal worst than you can imagine.

First, the admitting nurse instantly recognized me from last week.  Probably my still being bent over like Groucho Marx might have been a clue, however, she did recognize me and thought I was up to it again.  She even had my paperwork all called up on her machine by the time I reached her desk.  But, seeing daughters face, quickly whisked her off to x-ray.

Now I sat for three hours with a terrible two's grand-daughter and squirrelly nine month old.  Those suckers plum wore me out!

It was with relief daughter returned, fingers steel incased, and children could be allowed to sob on her for a change.....

No comments: