Friday, July 9, 2010

Comments and Thoughts

So far only two of my daughters have responded.  Youngest commented that the last video was "Disturbing" and oldest commented that "This can't be for real - can it?"  Middle daughter sent a note saying that she must be insane, not sure what that means in context of the video, unless she liked it.  And, son, red neck that he has become, made a choking sound followed by something that never came out of my mouth!  Yeah, not sure where his world view came from.

But, as I lay in the heat last night I thought on this problem.  Could the group have been looking for re-igniting their dead careers by something like this?  Peter Burns commented that he made these changes because he had the money to do it and was bored - so why not?  Indeed, why not.  After all, if the mind can conceive it, it must be right.  Right?

It reminds me so much of Jude 1:10 - 
Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them. (NIV)

Of course it is an argument you would never win, because they can not understand nor accept the underlying premise - that there is something they can not understand.  After all, why would a just God even care if you chose to cross dress, after all it is your choice and right, not His.....


Right?

2 comments:

Robin said...

I once commented during a Bible study about temptation, and was told if I woulad have just kept my eyes on Jesus I would not fall into sin. I fell silent, but the scripture that gets to the heart of what I wanted to express is -"“ The heart is deceitful above all things,And desperately wicked; Who can know it?" Jeh 17:9
Human every one of us. Somtimes especially those who have been put upon spiritual pedestles. May God be gracious and open pur eyes to His truth.

KJP said...

Amen, sister!