Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Never Say To A Toddler

This tale is sort of like the couple whom owned a parrot but could not go on vacation because the only one available to babysit their parrot was the pastor.  Yeah, that bird had a potty mouth.

In the same vein, it was probably a bad idea for me to say to my grand-daughter, "Bite me!".  That is now her major response to everyone and I get 'The Look' from Oldest Daughter, every time that rascal opens her mouth.  Sigh.

In the same vein again, her father managed to say something was, "Stupid" and of course if it is inconvenient for grand-daughter then it is also stupid!  So, last week when we were at the hospital it was, "Stupid hospital this...", "Stupid doctor that...."  And when I attempted to explain to her that it was not a stupid hospital or doctor, she said, "Bite me!"

Yeah lots of startled looks from others in the ER waiting room.  Sigh.

No comments: