Friday, July 30, 2010

Frustrated

I have been in prayer over the issue of, what should I now be doing with my life?  Yeah, I know at my age the possibility of finding meaningful employment is about zero.  And that zero is compounded by the severe allergy I have to toner fumes from printers and copiers, which are everywhere these days.

And, I wonder if frustration is one possible way in which God is answering that prayer.

I am so frustrated with one of "my girls" whom recently left her husband to find romance, I have screamed more than one.  We are talking about someone who knows their Bible better than I and yet has no problem in condoning her own sin.  Much less, being empowered by a close friend into her new adulterous lifestyle.  Yeah I am frustrated.

But, this occurrence is not all for this young year!  one of "my girls", from thirty years ago, has decided to follow suit!  Yeah, she left her husband and moved in with a more romantic guy also.  What the heck?!?!?!?!  The compounding problem here is they were working as missionaries with an organization which puts on marriage seminars for Christian couples!  Eighteen years of marriage and .....  Oh yeah, I am frustrated!

Now double this to four couples doing this, this year, and you can get a glimpse of the importance this matter has with me.  Of the eight people in these marriages, all were solid Christians, all were from solid families, all were workers in the church - and the women of the marriages have all willingly abandoned their husbands and often children as well.

What in womanhood is going wrong here?  I do not get it.

But, I understand my Timothy enough to know that I am NOT going to go into a counseling relationship with women, that is for a female to take on.  As for the guys.....I have no idea what I could/should/would do for them before or after being abandoned.  I have long felt that most males (and I am not just talking American or even Western males) really need a good smack down!  Men have grown so self centered and indulgent across the last several decades that the concept of living a life, in support of another, is completely anathema for them!

And yet, this is how we as Christians are supposed to live - completely (as possible) in support of one another in Christ!  So yes, everyone of those husbands I just described above and they do need to be dealt with.  But, holy cow!, the women left because they all told me they were bored/need romance, etc.  The guys never saw it coming.  Pathetic men, pathetic women.

What to do, what to do............?

No comments: