Saturday, June 21, 2008

VOICES


Bob Domm scores again in my book with a short message on Voices…


If Satan can't lull us to sleep with compromise, he tries the opposite tactic: pushing us into extreme action the Lord never called for.

Not every voice that speaks to your heart is worthy of trust.

The voice that calls for sacrifice.

The voice that urges heroic action.

The voice that keeps saying, "What are you waiting for?"

            They may sound spiritual, but they need to be tested.

Is this the voice of the Shepherd?

Or is this a counterfeit "angel" pushing me toward a path God never called for?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God.
                                                I John 4:1

The Spirit of the Lord…..
…never calls for impulsive action.
…never overwhelms your will.
…never plays on your vanity, or your guilt.
…is never in a hurry.

Don't act in response to any "voice" until you are sure it is the voice of the Lord Jesus.
---Does it match his words in scripture?
---Is it confirmed by faithful sisters and brothers in the Body?
---Does his peace rule in your heart, or are you "righteously agitated"?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand."
                                                            John 10:27-28

No comments: