Saturday, February 4, 2012

Musical Saturday Morning

Last week I had a chance to have lunch with New Daughter and as we sat waiting for some food, this song is playing and I find myself singing its words to ND.  I doubt she could hear me, but she probably caught the lip sync if nothing else.  Then the song hit its refrain and I found myself rather embarrassed.  Parts of the song are very true as to how I feel about ND, but the refrain places me in uncomfortable territory.  Probably most any other woman I could sing the whole song to and no one would even bat a lash, including me.  But, then again this is ND and my desire is to model a man like no other she has ever known in her life.  So, "melt" became "love" and that works out ok, because I do love her, she is decidedly my daughter.

Now this version of the video is the official remake by the band.  It is the one that not only does work (the original version has problems on Youtube) but is also does not make you needing a tetanus shot after watching....

No comments: